I love it when people comment on my posts. Please, please, please, please comment! Still, it’s important for me to maintain ‘Si Se Puede’ as an accountable space, so in that vein, here’s my comment policy:
- There’s lots of oppression in the real world, let’s not make this blog that kind of space
- Please feel free to disagree, but please do so respectfully (so hold back on those ad hominems)
- Specifically, homophobic, racist, ableist, transphobic, sizeist, victim-blaming comments aren’t cool
- Dismissal, silencing and derailing are also on the not cool list
- Since we’re all accountable here and anonymous posts don’t really allow for conversation – I’ll likely publish the email of anonymous posters. Just lettin’ you know!
With all that said – I think we’re good. I want this blog to be a space where the intersections of social justice and education and bilingualism can all be explored. Even better if this can be in conversation with you. Obviously these issues are important and personal, but at the end of the day this right here is just the internets.