My Pen name is Adrilicious
- I will be elementary teacher in a bilingual classroom in the bay area in the fall of 2011.
- I have mixed feelings about grammatical conventions.
- I think there are inspirational messages in old school hip hop and I plan to tell the kids .
- I joined TFA because I care about ending poverty and violence.
- I really care about mathematics education, a lot.
- I went to Mount Holyoke (loved it!), worked in the anti-violence movement in the US and abroad, then went to Yale for graduate school (hated it!). I ditched Yale to teach and am so glad I made that decision
- I’d want to get a PhD in elementary math education (we can’t get to justice until every last one of us can understand the numbers and be economically empowered). Then maybe be a mathematics coordinator / principal. Vamos a ver.
- And lastly, because identity matters, I’m a part of the brown family.
At Si Se Puede I’ll blog about education and social justice, namely:
- My experience as a teacher or color working with kids of color
- My thoughts and insights on urban education
- My deep and abiding love for mathematics education
- Anti-racist pedagogy
- My fails and my wins
- Awesome teaching tools
- Folks doing the work and doing it well
- Hip-Hop (mostly of the old school variety) and how I integrate it into classroom instruction